So according to my app on my iPhone, our baby is now the size of a turnip. Hmmm, not a pretty thought but a good size anyway. Still waiting to feel the first flutters of a kick but from what I have read I might not feel anything until week 22 or beyond especially as this is our first baby.
Had a very nice call from the baby doctor's nurse this week and she let us know the integrated screening tests came back negative so no signs of Down syndrome or other neural problems. Did they test for blondness I wonder? I have visions of our baby having wonderful dark hair from Dad and curls from Mum so maybe blondness will be less of a problem. I make light of the good results as I had all but forgotten about the blood they took for those tests plus we would have kept Baby Allen regardless.
We've been back from Hawaii for almost three weeks now (can't believe it!) and it looks as though I left my "morning" sickness there. Eating much better than my first trimester although chicken and I are still not really friends. I just don't have the appetite for it. According to the Wii, I've put back on the two pounds I lost in my first trimester so I'm happy.
Off to see James Taylor and Carole King this weekend, I bought tickets for Doug's birthday. Soooooooo excited! I think we'll be the youngest ones in the building but I don't care. It will be a great concert and worth the four hour drive :) Wonder if I can pack my Snoogle (or snorkle as I call it or the thing that takes up most of the bed as Doug calls it!)? I take great naps with it and sleep really well at night thanks to this pillow. I think it is a secret that pregnant women don't let on about and I can't figure out why. So a word to the pregnant friends and family reading this and those who hope to be pregnant one day. BUY ONE!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SUV or Minivan (a minivan at 30 years old?!)?
Does my bump look big in this?
Almost 18 weeks - a really cute gift from Mark and Su!
No comments:
Post a Comment