Last week I got a call back from the baby doctor’s nurse and I answered all chipper. I asked her how she was and her response was “well, better than you!” She certainly has a way with words! My glucose test had come back at 137 and they like it to be 130 or less. Google tells me other places want 140 or less but we’ll go with what we’re told by our doctor. So I was given some paperwork to go get the three hour glucose tolerance test. That meant fasting for twelve hours before the test, they draw blood as soon as they see you and then you drink twice the amount of the sweet concoction that they give you for the first test (this time, I wasn’t given a choice of flavors!). Then they draw your blood every hour on the hour for the next three hours. I texted Doug the news and was in tears when he called me to get the rundown. I was nervous for our baby’s health and what the results of the second test would bring. Doug was awesome in reassuring me and pulling me back into
one piece. I love my husband!!
Tuesday, test day came and it began with watching a girl before I went in take a similar test but I think the one hour test. She was sipping the juice and rushed straight to the bathroom to throw up. Bless her heart! She had to go away and come back another day. I was starting to feel nervous. The first hour went well, then I started to feel queasy and really hot. The waiting room started to fill up and I was glad I had an appointment as the wait quickly grew to two hours! I was able to keep my mind occupied with regular text updates to Doug and I finished a book by Tony Dungy. Awesome, inspiring, sad – this book had it all. I practically skipped out of the office when the test was done….bruises already showing on both arms where they drew blood. I was headed for McDonalds and a naughty sip of diet coke!
So we sit and wait for results. Monday we start a round of three bi-weekly appointments where we get to meet the other doctors in the practice incase our baby doctor is not on call when we’re ready to deliver. I kind of hope we don’t get our results until that appointment so we can get some face time with a doctor but then again I also don’t want to worry over the weekend. We continue to pray for our baby’s health as we do every day and I’ve been reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6 this week – trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SUV or Minivan (a minivan at 30 years old?!)?
Does my bump look big in this?
Almost 18 weeks - a really cute gift from Mark and Su!
No comments:
Post a Comment