Finally, we got the all clear from our baby doctor’s office – no gestational diabetes here! Good because I don’t think I would have wanted to take that test again. We saw a baby doc on Monday and he didn’t have the results and when I called two days later I got a call back to ask me if I had even been for the test. I wanted to reply “no silly (or some other word of choice!), I’m calling for results from a test that I haven’t taken!” But all is well.
Baby’s heartbeat has slowed a little, down to the 140s which apparently is normal for this stage of pregnancy to see some slowing down. I now weigh 168 so have gained 16lbs so far and my blood pressure was great. I’ve wanted lots of fresh, fleshy fruits and veggies this week…can’t get enough cucumbers, grapefruits, peaches and so on. Baby must also be learning samba or cha cha in there as this week I’ve felt a lot of movement seemingly and arm and a foot at the same time. He or she has great rhythm just like his or her Dad. I had James Taylor playing quite loudly in
the car the other day and Baby was moving around in appreciation I think.
I have woken up with some wicked cramps in my legs during the night and my back/hips are starting to hurt again. The body is amazing at how it adapts to having to make room for baby. Sometimes walking helps, sometimes it hurts and I’m getting really good at power naps during the day. So glad I get to work from home and school is also done until January so I’ve got plenty of time to get the house in order and prep the nursery – currently my fave room in the house!
Clumsiness is also more prevalent these days….I had some sweet potato fries in the oven and as I went to take them out managed to dump almost the whole lot out in the bottom of the oven. Then I went to grab the hot and empty tray with my bare hand and stopped myself just before I picked it up. I’m starting to drop things and was a disaster in the kitchen last night. We made the best of a bad meal (and hooray our microwave is being repaired tomorrow so that’s been interesting!) and resisted the temptation to bust down to McDonalds at 9pm last night. I almost offered Doug cereal for dinner. He was very patient with me last night, thankfully!
So just 70 days to go, ten weeks today. Of course, baby could be here in 36 weeks and beyond but we’re still banking on baby being late. Doug has a couple of trips to take for work in October so hopefully baby won’t make an appearance until after October 28th or else we’ll have Doug using planes, trains and automobiles to get back in time for Baby’s big arrival. It’s a holiday weekend here in the US, hope everyone has a wonderful time of it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SUV or Minivan (a minivan at 30 years old?!)?
Does my bump look big in this?
Almost 18 weeks - a really cute gift from Mark and Su!
No comments:
Post a Comment