“They” were wrong…we’re still pregnant! I ran some errands yesterday and got a good giggle when people asked me if we were due soon and I replied with oh yes, today. One lady said I was brave to be out and about, nope, just bored. I think it was at our 20 week scan that the sonographer put the due date at November 12th but it was never official so technically today is our second due date so we’re not totally overdue yet. Doctor’s appointment went well on Monday and we’re 2-3cm dilated and the doctor tried to stir up a little trouble in there making Baby and Mum a little uncomfortable. Baby moved back up away from the emergency exit and so effacement was at 50%. Had Baby not got the hump then it would have been more like 80-90% so that is progress too. We’re scheduled to induce on November 18th if we don’t pop before then so now we can at least see the finishing line. Poor Doug, he thought he would be done with work by now, no such luck.
We had a lovely fourth wedding anniversary day yesterday and Doug spoiled me rotten. We also had a lovely meal and ordered lots of spicy food to see if that would help move things along. It was fun for me to get all dressed up, I was having a good hair day and my make up looked great. I was reassured that if my waters broke at the restaurant I would look half way decent when we got to the hospital. I guess the food wasn’t spicy enough for Baby as we’re still pregnant today. One way or another by next weekend, we’ll have our little one here so we’re going to relax and wait for nature to take its course. God’s timing is perfect as it says in Isaiah 40:31 yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and not become weary. So we continue to wait for God and Baby Allen :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SUV or Minivan (a minivan at 30 years old?!)?
Does my bump look big in this?
Almost 18 weeks - a really cute gift from Mark and Su!
No comments:
Post a Comment