Two weeks ago I was 1cm dilated and last week I was 1-1.5cm and 50% effaced. My baby doctor has been encouraging me to use an exercise ball to bounce around on to loosen things up down there so I have been. Doug had two out of town work trips the last couple of weeks so I didn’t do the ball while he was gone. I was already concerned enough that he would miss the big event. It was good for his career to take these trips and I actively encouraged him, I was still nervous. His trip to Fort Lauderdale was just a four hour car drive, North Carolina involved a flight and baby managed to stay put for both trips. So happy to have him home again…his boss wanted to send him to Denver later this week and Doug and I had a resounding NO for him.
For giggles, my money is on baby’s arrival tomorrow….tomorrow is two years since my Granddad died, tomorrow Doug has a super busy day at work, I have a doctor’s appointment and my Mum, Dad and sister and I were all born on a Tuesday. Again, we’ll have to wait and see.
The car is now packed with our hospital bags and any time we leave the house I worry about whether or not I’ve emptied the trash, cleaned the kitchen and got all the laundry done. Are we ready? Are we really ready? Heck no but we’ll do the best we can with what we have when the time comes. Every pregnancy, birth and baby is different yet it calms me to know that others have been down this path and ultimately, this is all in God’s hands. It has been since we started trying for Baby Allen and will continue to be as we welcome Baby Allen into the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment